Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Optimization Error while designing Power Amplifier using ADS

pusparaga

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed Power Amplifier(PA) using ADS2022. I am getting error while optimizing PA. I didn't know where I am making mistake.

Attachments

• Error_Message.jpg
    Error_Message.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Schematic.jpg
    Schematic.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Input_Matching_Ckt.jpg
    Input_Matching_Ckt.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 55
Solution
If you don't do that, you get so weird results like TL13 ( W=890mm L=14mm )

Have you ever seen a Transmission Line with 89cm width, 0.14cm Length ?? You make it short circuit then looking for the error???
Yes I did mistake. I wanted to type for TL13 W = 890 um instead of 890 mm and L = 14 mm.
After correcting also these, I am getting error.
--- Updated ---

. If you don't do that, you get so weird results like TL13 ( W=890mm L=14mm )

Have you ever seen a Transmission Line with 89cm width, 0.14cm Length ?? You make it short circuit then looking for the error???
Change your mind dear friend. A design engineer must apply "the essentials" then optimize.

As you said. It is correct. I wanted to type L = 890 um instead of...
You always use "optimization" feature blindly then you ask "where I'm wrong ??"
Before optimizing a system ( any type PA, LNA or others ) you have to have essential knowledge about that system. If you don't do that, you get so weird results like TL13 ( W=890mm L=14mm )

Change your mind dear friend. A design engineer must apply "the essentials" then optimize.

If you don't do that, you get so weird results like TL13 ( W=890mm L=14mm )

Yes I did mistake. I wanted to type for TL13 W = 890 um instead of 890 mm and L = 14 mm.
After correcting also these, I am getting error.
--- Updated ---

. If you don't do that, you get so weird results like TL13 ( W=890mm L=14mm )

As you said. It is correct. I wanted to type L = 890 um instead of 890 mm and L = 14.3626 mm. But still it is showing error.

Attachments

• Error_Message.jpg
    Error_Message.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Optimization_Parameters.jpg
    Optimization_Parameters.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Output_Matching.jpg
    Output_Matching.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Solution
Every seems to be ok. Still I am getting error.

Attachments

• Error_Message.jpg
    Error_Message.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Measurement_Equations.jpg
    Measurement_Equations.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Optimization.jpg
    Optimization.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 48
  • Optimization_Circuit.png
    Optimization_Circuit.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 50
When I do optimization for S11 and S22, I am getting results nicely without any optimization error. I have attached same results below.
But when I include Pdel_dBm, LS_Gain_dB and dBm(Vout) these for optimization. I included correct measurement equations also. I am getting optimization error.

Attachments

• Schematic_Ckt.jpg
    Schematic_Ckt.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Optimization_S11_S22.jpg
    Optimization_S11_S22.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Optmized_Graph_Showing_Values_S11_S22.jpg
    Optmized_Graph_Showing_Values_S11_S22.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 47

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search