Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Placing heat sink on PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

new guy

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
So I am having difficulties to put a heat sink on a PCB, I was not able to find a valid tutorial on Youtube, so can anyone from here tell me step by step how to put a 3D model of heat sink on a PCB board for MOSFET transistor?

Best regards.

Hi,

There is a great variety of heatsinks, MOSFET packages, dissipated power, moounting methods...
It may be a small one glued on top of the MOSFET, some are soldered besides the MOSFET, some are screw mounted.

Maybe tell us more details of what you need.

Klaus

What?

Are you trying to put an actual heatsink on an actual board, or are your trying to create a 3D model of a heatsink to place on a PCB in some undefined software that you're not telling us about and would like us to guess what that software is?

Sorry guys, I forgot to tell that it needs to be done in Altium Designer. :D So, it's no actual board.

You might be able to get a complete footprint/STEP model from the heat sink vendor. If not, you’ll have to create your own. Create the footprint in Altium. Create the model in your CAD program, and generate the STEP model. Import the STEP model into the footprint.

Understood. It's basically like importing any other component. Thanks :)
--- Updated ---

My new question is... how can I import new components on already opened PCB file with previous components already added?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back