Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] pic16f72 sinewave inverter with asm codes. not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I still do not understand why you need a changeover. For AC-AC conversion you can do without batteries. Well your task becomes easier then. Probably you need not generate the sinewave!! Lets consider boost at the moment. If your input is 100volts and you need an output of 200volts then you need to add 100 volts. Thus you drive a buck-boost transformer to generate 100volts in-phase. You rectify the AC and what you get is a unipolar sinusoidal waveform. Feed this to a Bridge (just as in inverter). Drive the bridge with a PWM either in-phase (0-100% PWM produces 0-100Volts boost ) or out-of-phase (0-100% PWM produces 0-100Volts buck ). The attached block diagram (taken from http://www.suvik.com/static-stabilizer.php) should make things more clear.
Regards
Sougata

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

I still do not understand why you need a changeover. For AC-AC conversion you can do without batteries. Well your task becomes easier then. Probably you need not generate the sinewave!! Lets consider boost at the moment. If your input is 100volts and you need an output of 200volts then you need to add 100 volts. Thus you drive a buck-boost transformer to generate 100volts in-phase. You rectify the AC and what you get is a unipolar sinusoidal waveform. Feed this to a Bridge (just as in inverter). Drive the bridge with a PWM either in-phase (0-100% PWM produces 0-100Volts boost ) or out-of-phase (0-100% PWM produces 0-100Volts buck ). The attached block diagram (taken from http://www.suvik.com/static-stabilizer.php) should make things more clear.
Regards
Sougata

Attachments

• static-stab-principle.jpg
    static-stab-principle.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 327
Hi
thanks you being of great help, can you explain in terms of primary and secondy turns in buck boost, will it be just a single gauge of wire for primary and secondary and would there be any link from primary to secondary pls like buck boost transformer?
regards.
orognd

- - - Updated - - -

can you explain that ac to ac in suvic dia gram

i am about to rewind transformer, but what i want to know is that, will the primary and secondary wire gauge be the same pls cos power/voltage give amps of primary pls i really need to understand buck partern of primary n secondary amps.
regards
orogund

- - - Updated - - -

i am about to rewind transformer, but what i want to know is that, will the primary and secondary wire gauge be the same pls cos power/voltage give amps of primary pls i really need to understand buck partern of primary n secondary amps. voltage 150v to 220v
regards
orogund

Hi
thanks for ur respond,pls what i am trying to do is a static stabilizer,but what i am not sure of, is if buck boost transformer uses same pri/secondary turns like autotransformer do. i want to build 10kva static stabilizer cos buck boost transformer are small in size.

Hello,
I am planning to do a 16F72/73 sine wave UPS. I believe I can write to code, but I lack knowledge about some optimized parameters. Will be helpful if somebody who has experience in this can share them.
1. Considering the speed and capabilities of PIC16F73, how many sine wave look up values are optimum? I think all the designs mentioned here are using 32 points. Is that the best possible?
2. Considering 32 points as for now, the pwm period we will be having is 312.5uSec (correct me if I am wrong) out of this certain fixed time will be loaded from the lookup table and the rest will be loaded as per the load variations. correct? what are the ranges of those values?
3. can we have any simulation setup or a simple hardware circuit which we can use to test the pwm performence without blowing up mosfets?

Thanks

static stabilizers are called solid state stabilizers. they uses solid state switching devices like scr or solid state relays.
The choice depends on your design.
U can use auto transformer.( Tx with multiple taps) This will require multiple scr.
U can also use a single boost Tx,the bulking will be done by a single scr using phase control principle.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent idea.

hi thxcfor the info; pls do you have sch for the scr pls help me it and pls can u explain interms of buck transformer rewinding i need ur help pls.what i want to kn is if the transf size is 1\5th the out put power how do u now calculate the prim/secondary size of wire.for examp 10kva stab size 2kva and let say pri voltage 270 and second is 70 volt what will out amp be. what am doing is pwm static static stab.

hello everyone i recently built this pic16f72 based inverter using mr.rahmans code and pcb but iam facing a problem.The buzzer beeps every time
and doesnt stop if i press the tactile switch to stop the inverter then also it beeps. can any one here help me but it is not a problem of buzzer or driving transistor 547

hello everyone i solved the problem it was a bc557 instead of 547 now iam going to test it on a transformer

- - - Updated - - -

hello uroboros iam also in this sinewave inverter project . i manufactured many inverter and sold it in my area using readymade cards. i will help u
can you email me on pradeepmlr @gmail.com

Here is the Pure Sinewave UPS design,which is the common for use in 12V & 24V exept few changes.

I have been making and selling this UPS for the last two years.I found this design absolutely right in
all the aspects.

But the problem is that,this design works very well at 12V & 24V circuits,but when I use the same
design in 48V {3KVA} circuit,then the output FETs burn after a month or two.{I have never put a heavy
load then its capacity} While I am using the FETs containg higher voltage between Drain & Source
approximately 200V.

But the problem is still exists.

Can any body knows the solution for this problem ?or has any body passed through this situation?

Attachments

• kit_sine_wave_l.jpg
    kit_sine_wave_l.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 250

Here is the Pure Sinewave UPS design,which is the common for use in 12V & 24V exept few changes.

I have been making and selling this UPS for the last two years.I found this design absolutely right in
all the aspects.

But the problem is that,this design works very well at 12V & 24V circuits,but when I use the same
design in 48V {3KVA} circuit,then the output FETs burn after a month or two.{I have never put a heavy
load then its capacity} While I am using the FETs containg higher voltage between Drain & Source
approximately 200V.

But the problem is still exists.

Can any body knows the solution for this problem ?or has any body passed through this situation?

Which MOSFETs do you use? Use MOSFETs with VDS rated at least 120V. Use proper snubber circuit.

Dear Tahmid,

It seems that you did not read the message carefully,I clearly mentioned that I use the MOSFETs
containing 200VDS such as IRFP260 MOSFET.

Mirza11, LM7805 or similar voltage regulator may be in use there which can only work reliably only up to 36V or so.

Dear Tahmid,

It seems that you did not read the message carefully,I clearly mentioned that I use the MOSFETs
containing 200VDS such as IRFP260 MOSFET.

Hi,

Sorry for the mistake. I missed it on my phone.

Anyways, back to your circuit. What regulator is used for providing the lower voltage MOSFET drive output from the 48V input? Can the regulator withstand 48V input? Can the driver section withstand the 48V? Maybe it drives the MOSFETs with a VGS higher than the max of 20V and that damages the MOSFET.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Thats exactly the problem i have been facing with the 48v design and the problem comes from the gate voltage(vgs) the vgs in this circuit when using 48v is approximately 27volt at the gate ,šo your mosfet wont be safe in this condition ,i finally modified the desinge by reducing the discreet component and i use Hip4082 and some opto isolators and everything start working fine i will upload the circuit very soon.

Can the driver section withstand the 48V? Maybe it drives the MOSFETs with a VGS higher than the max of 20V and that damages the MOSFET.
I see in these types of inverters that Mosfet driver ic IR2110 is being used.
And IR2110 operating volts are normaly 12 or 15v dc max.

PIC16F73 Sinewave Inverter.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 300
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 286
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 287
  • 4.jpg