Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase Difference in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmanrashid

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone. I am working in CST and i have to find the phase differnce between two microstrip lines . My goal is to find the find this phase like this equation:

[Phase(S21)-Phase(S43)] ..............(1)

The problem with CST is that there is no function which implements this equation. If i want to have the phase difference and write this equation then it evaluates like this PHASE(s(21)-s(43)).....................(2)

I want to implement Equation 1. Is there anyone who can help me? I will be very thankful. I am stuck due to this by many days.

CST displays phase with wrap/unwrap by default which can be turned off by un-checking this property when you will go to the plot properties.
However, in CST2012, unlike its predecessor straight forward function to get phase of S21 is not possible, like we normally do in ADS etc.

May be you can try with atn(imag(S21)/re(S21))-atn(imag(S43)/re(S43)) in the template Mix1D equations.

You should know how atn() is implemented in CST to get the correct phase.

Last edited:

You can also think about two effects
1) phase difference of two phasors
2) phase of the difference of two phasors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back