Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB for conversion of the time shown by the computer to a different userdefinformat

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilooz

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I need directions or guidance coz there is so much going my mind right now and i cant make my mind on which way should i go.

As the title of the thread suggests that I have to design a PCB which is taking the input from the computer and giving the output out on the data bus for transmission. Now , I have done programming in assembly, c++ and VHDL and I am pretty good with it as well but i have never design a hardware prototype before in my life so i need directions to how to take it forward ......

I mean should i choose the microtrollers 8051 or motorola 68000 or FPGA's or what ... (I am good with any of em) ....

I would hope for generous answers ....

well, it all depends on what you want to do. Some type of microcontroller will provide more advantage depending on the system you are going to be design. There is no ideal microcontroller that suits all.

agree with john. try to understand the physical characteristic of your uC choice. coz, when you make a real hardware there will a lot of trouble if you dont understand your hardware at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back