Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB designing out put files

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishna9k

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is the output from pcb designing

what are themanufacturing files for a completed PCB layout design?

Gerber files - they are used to make the photoplots that will be used to expose your board for etching. There will also be glue layer and paste mask layer Gerbers if you are going to have the board populated with parts by an assembly house.

Drill files - they are used to program the machines that drill the holes and cut (route) the board.

Drill drawing - it is used to list the specifications and limitations you want the fab to follow while making the board. Any instructions you have for the fab are also included on this drawing.

Assembly drawings - if you are going to have someone else put the parts on the board for you, these are used to show the assembly house where to put the parts.

BOM - bill of materials to list all the parts used on the board.

Pick and Place File - this is used if the assembly house is going to use automated machinery to place the parts on your board.

An assembly house using automated machinery may also want an ODB++ formatted file or the board file to program their automatic pick-and-place machinery.

I only have a couple of items to add to House Cat's excellent list. If you are doing In-Circuit Test (ICT) you may need either a GenCAD or a Fabmaster file depending on who is creating your ICT fixtures/Program. Also, if you have any programmable devices you will need to provide those files also.

krishna9k

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
you can add IPC356 netlist also..

You may also give the separate layer stackup with dielectric material including its thickness
Copper thickness of the inner and outer layer can be added in the Fabnote

Thanks and Regards,
Atul

Should you really want to know all the manufacturing output files from a PCB design, you can check https://www.freedomcad.com and you can see all the files
most board and assembly shops required. I know that some of these files are not
required by some other board and assembly shops, but freedomcad have the more complete file outputs amongst the others....I have been working as a designer for over 30 years, and I have gone through all these requirements before....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back