Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Output power and S22

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did EM simulation Microwave mode in ADS, that's why DC (0Hz) is not in solution dataset.Microwave mode has a low frequency limit ( few tenth kHz ) and DC currents will not flow.
If you do this simulation in RF mode and if you start your min. frequency from DC, they will flow.

You did EM simulation Microwave mode in ADS, that's why DC (0Hz) is not in solution dataset.Microwave mode has a low frequency limit ( few tenth kHz ) and DC currents will not flow.
If you do this simulation in RF mode and if you start your min. frequency from DC, they will flow.

If you simulate down to some kHz you can also interpolate to DC.

If you simulate down to some kHz you can also interpolate to DC.
Not really.. Even you do an EM simulation in Microwave mode with 0Hz frequency, you will very frequently have trouble with DC currents.
But RF mode is guaranteed by definition and I'm generally happy with RF mode up to 2-3GHz on high dielectric materials and a little bit denser meshing.

Note: HFSS has also a separate DC solver...!!

Hi BigBoss,

I'm very new to PA world. I'm now testing the board with transistor in place to check its performance. in the gate biase line i'm using a 470 ohm resistor, so when i turn on the gate DC supply i see very small voltage, appearing at gate terminal of my device, 200mV. by using multimeter i checked the voltage before this resistor it is same as supply voltage, but when i place the knob after the resistor there is very small voltage. which means big amount of voltage is dropping accross this resistance. further to point out, this is a stability resistor for my device. the turn on gate voltage of my device is 2V. please guide me.

Hi BigBoss,

I'm very new to PA world. I'm now testing the board with transistor in place to check its performance. in the gate biase line i'm using a 470 ohm resistor, so when i turn on the gate DC supply i see very small voltage, appearing at gate terminal of my device, 200mV. by using multimeter i checked the voltage before this resistor it is same as supply voltage, but when i place the knob after the resistor there is very small voltage. which means big amount of voltage is dropping accross this resistance. further to point out, this is a stability resistor for my device. the turn on gate voltage of my device is 2V. please guide me.

Post your schematic clearly here to make comments..

Not really.. Even you do an EM simulation in Microwave mode with 0Hz frequency, you will very frequently have trouble with DC currents.
But RF mode is guaranteed by definition and I'm generally happy with RF mode up to 2-3GHz on high dielectric materials and a little bit denser meshing.

Note: HFSS has also a separate DC solver...!!

Interesting, I never had problems with a dc solution in microwave mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back