Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OpAmp circuit for ME3 - ETO Sensor (HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

13vdc

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I want to make a circuit for a ME3 - ETO Sensor that I will connect with a microntroller. I read the sensor's datasheet but I don't know if I will be using proper parts.

Can I use the famous IC741 opamp? The one labeled V- , is that V+? What would be a the best value for Vref? (my microcontroller has 5V logic levels) And the capacitor 0u1, I can't understand what it means.

The sensor is a bit costly so I'm afraid to do some trial and error.

TIA for the advice!

ckt.jpg

Before choosing which op amp to use, its purpose in the circuit needs to be defined.
The best value for Vref would probably be found after some testing of the unit, however the bias point is something to consider when determining this.
the capacitor value is probably 0.1 microfarads.
Hope this isnt too Captain Obvious

Reactions: 13vdc

13vdc

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Can I use the famous IC741 opamp? The one labeled V- , is that V+? What would be a the best value for Vref?
I presume, the bias voltage polarity is meaned as shown in the schematic. It has been BTW copied from a competitor's application note :grin:

The voltage level is specified with 300 mV, sensor referred. This popular potentiostat circuit needs a dual voltage supply, and could work with LM741. Considering the fact that the circuit should be permanently (battery) powered to avoid long equilibration periods after starting the instrument, you'll preferably use a micropower OP.

Reactions: 13vdc

13vdc

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Before choosing which op amp to use, its purpose in the circuit needs to be defined.
The best value for Vref would probably be found after some testing of the unit, however the bias point is something to consider when determining this.
the capacitor value is probably 0.1 microfarads.
Hope this isnt too Captain Obvious

Thank you. Sorry for being a noob with capacitor markings.

I presume, the bias voltage polarity is meaned as shown in the schematic. It has been BTW copied from a competitor's application note :grin:

The voltage level is specified with 300 mV, sensor referred. This popular potentiostat circuit needs a dual voltage supply, and could work with LM741. Considering the fact that the circuit should be permanently (battery) powered to avoid long equilibration periods after starting the instrument, you'll preferably use a micropower OP.

So I had bought an another china copy :-D. I'm planning to simulate it first. I'll look tomorrow in my bin for the other parts.

Thank you again to both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.