Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Non-PCI ethernet controllers chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

mowgli

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I need advices on a ethernet controller chip (PHY + MAC) with a simple host interface (not PCI) and extended temperature range (-40 ÷ +85 °C at least) to be integrated on a custom board with one FPGA and one DSP to provide minimal network capabilities to an embedded data acquisition system.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Mowgli

Thank you FvM for your suggestion.

I was just evaluating this chip vs the Silabs CP220x which seems more "user friendly" because it has a simpler architecture and the data sheet looks quite clear but has only 10 Mbit PHY!
I already read the SMSC chip data sheet and seemed less accurate in the description but maybe is my impression.
Anyway I would like to know also opinions of people who used this chip especially the ones that had to write software drivers to interface this device with TI's DSPs.

Regards
Mowgli

Status
Not open for further replies.