Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

nokia fbus interfacing ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALMIGHTY TECH

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello ..
these are the detail of my project..

i am using nokia 1280 mobile phone ---> Nokia Europe - Technical specifications - Nokia 1280 support
---> Nokia 1280 pinout - CPKB - Cell Phone Knowledge Base

i have connect nokia 1280 mobile to computer's serial port through max232(make own fbus data cable).

i am using "advance serial port monitor" to send hex code to mobile.------> Serial Port Monitor - advanced serial port monitor and RS232 port spy sniffer
it can be also used to spy the comm port.baud rate := 115200, data bit:=8 , parity:=none , stop bit:=1

now see bellow link..

as in above link...

i send command to mobile from computer to get hardware and software version of mobile phone.--->

1E 00 0C D1 00 07 00 01 00 03 00 01 60 00 72 D5
i received hardware and software version of mobile (from mobile to computer)---->
1E 10 00 7F 00 02 D1 00 CF 6D

1E 10 00 D2 00 28 01 00 00 03 56 20 30 36 2E 32 30 0A 30 31 2D 31 32 2D 31 30 0A 52 4D 2D 36 34 37 0A 28 63 29 20 4E 6F 6B 69 61 00 01 44 7B 9A

--> V 0 6 2 0 0 1 - 1 2 - 1 0 R M - 6 4 7 ( C ) N o k i a

so it means.. communication works fine between mobile <---> computer
i can also get imei number..

now i need to make call from nokia 1280 mobile phone through fbus..
so please tell me that how to get those codes....

and i have also try gnokii 0.6.31 on windows..
i can get mobile phone detail like IMEI,model,version from gnokii --identify..
but when ,i send command to make voice call( gnokii --dialvoice 9033544852).
but its not working..
it says like-->"The fbus stream is out of sync - expected 0x0c, got 0x10"
--> **broken link removed**
sending sms is also not working... ..

please help me ..

some link i have read..
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/.../protocol/nk3110.txt?revision=1.2&root=gnokii

Hacking Nokia FBUS – calling speed dial numbers « Embedded Technologies

[moved] 1208 FBUS Dial and answer command - Nokia Developer Community - Discussions

Which uC are you using? I had done the same project using nokia 3310 4-5 years back using pic 16f887. Major part of the code was taken from embedtronics and modified with the help of Calvin, the author of the page.
I still have the asm file- receives sms as well as sends one when an external interrupt is applied (to RB0 pin).

hey,, asp87 thanx ..
right now i am not using any micro controller..
i am testing it on computer's serial port for sending and receiving data .....
please read my all project detail.. i have mention all and everything there..
and after successfully testing on computer, i will use atmel 89s52..
i just want to make sure that..... does nokia 1280 will work to send sms or to make call from fbus.
because now a days.. nokia 3310 is not available for sell, only lowest model of nokia is available is nokia 1280..
kindly reply...

Hi,

Did you manage to control the nokia phone via FBUS ? .. I'm trying to do the same as you do, I'll be glad to have your help.

Greetings from Peru

hey,, asp87 thanx ..
right now i am not using any micro controller..
i am testing it on computer's serial port for sending and receiving data .....
please read my all project detail.. i have mention all and everything there..
and after successfully testing on computer, i will use atmel 89s52..
i just want to make sure that..... does nokia 1280 will work to send sms or to make call from fbus.
because now a days.. nokia 3310 is not available for sell, only lowest model of nokia is available is nokia 1280..
kindly reply...

yes, LedSama , what kind of help you need.
which mobile phone model do you use..?

yes, LedSama , what kind of help you need.
which mobile phone model do you use..?

I'm trying to use a nokia 1800 wich is pretty similar to the 1280 .. I'have comunicated a PIC with my PC trought hyperterminal .. I'm going to solder the TXD, RXD and GND pins of the phone to a max232 related circuit.

My question is if there is a special way to cumminicate the phone trought serial communication. I mean if I need a special series of characters sent from the hyperterminal or something like this in order to stablish communication and send messages or calling to another phone when its desired.

Regards,

low cost phones haven't modem support!!

Yeah .. thats why i'm asking for FBUS way to control this phone ..

yes , it is possible to communicate low cost mobile with microcontroller through fbus.
**broken link removed**
fbus is nothing but just serial communication. and dont connect max232 directly to mobile .. cause mobile need only 3.3 volt.
first you should connect pc to mobile thorough serial port, (but make sure it should be 3.3 volt TTL. not 5 volt TTL)
than use , http://www.aggsoft.com/serial-port-monitor.htm
which is like hyper terminal, but its good than windows hyperterminal and putty,
and now you have to send 'U' 255times,
now send
1E 00 0C D1 00 07 00 01 00 03 00 01 60 00 72 D5
this is hex value. and you have to send this hex value to mobile through serial communication.
and you will get your mobile's hardware and software serial number.

first of all , u r doing a very nice project.
i also want to do this . could u tell me how to conect phone with pc.?
send me circuit diagram that will be a nice help.
now wat is the status of the project?

Status
Not open for further replies.