Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help: LED count ouput displayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

arni_jamal

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am still new in PIC programming.. i need help especially in programming the PIC.. the project is about: when the output comes out from the machine, i'll put the sensor to detect the object. then the LED displayer will display the quantity of the output.. the output can be up to 20 pieces..
-i think i want to use 2 units of LED 5x8
-the sensor: am i right to choose the limit switch?

1st lesson: i need to learn on how the PIC programming look like to display number '1'

plzz... plz.. plzz help me...

i hope somebody can teach and guide me until the project is done!

tq....

You can start by reading these appnotes, for details on how to interface 7-segment displays to a PIC. The clock appnote also gives you some code. www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1490&filterID=529

I am not sure I understand the limit switch question, but any sensor that can produce a pulse per manufactured part can be used (provided the output is TTL compatible, otherwise you need more hardware).

TQ VVV for the info...right no i'm starting to learn the basic of programming the PIC..
btw, in designing the project, what should i do first? the circuit or the programming?

Added after 44 seconds:

*now

Personally, I start with the circuit, but every step of the way I keep in mind what can be done easily in SW and what not and design my circuit accordingly.

If you have not programmed PICs so far, start with by reading about the hardware of the micro, get accustomed with it and then imagine how you would use it (do a preliminary circuit, just a basic sketch). Then try to write code for it. If something does not work, or seems too complicate, or awkward, revise your preliminary circuit, then try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.