Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help for ADS error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

pYrana13

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have this problem every time I increase the value of RF chokes (L4 and L5) above 5nH. The simulation gave an error message:

" Internal timestep 5.90440e-24 too small at time 4.00940e-10. "

How could I solve this problem? I'm designing current mode class-D RF amp with HEMT as used transistor(see attachment).

Thank you

Attachments

• ADS ss.JPG
    ADS ss.JPG
    237.3 KB · Views: 108

Such error messages are-generally-result of convergence problems which come from frequently semiconductor models,floating nodes,extreme component values,interlacing meshes etc.
In your case, using multiplier is not really lovely for transient simulator because this component is behavioural one and math. expressions in it can create some convergence problems.
You should do this multiplication in the source by defining a PWM function in "User defined voltage source"
This may be one of the reasons, there are-perhaps- other reasons,check them out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back