Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] I want to improve my dexterity with both PMOS and NMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneha rayala

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,
I have done designing of two stage opamp and folded cascode opamp etc(Learnt from allen holberg textbook) using nmos stages but I always struggle doing with pmos input stages(considering all the equations for icmr +,icmr- etc change ) . how do I overcome this any material which focuses on both . kindly please elaborate

I suppose you know about the trick of reversing emitter arrows on NPN transistors, thus reversing PN junctions, turning them into PNP? (Apply similar action to Nmos & Pmos.)

And change the sign on supply rails?

As for 0V ground, designate it as a centerline between the supply rails, or as 1/2 supply voltage, depending on your setup.

The long-tail pair (differential detector) has the tail resistor (or tail component, or current source) near the positive supply.
Likewise note that a P-type long-tail pair has its emitters or sources (of current not electrons) facing the positive supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back