Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] I am facing a problem to servicing a SMPS ,when I connect a new IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kishore3

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a problem to servicing of a DTH smps.There is a 8Pin IC (Viper 22A is printing on it),but when I connect a new IC(Viper 22A)fuse is Blown.I am sure it is not Viper.Can any body tell the exact Number the IC.
Connection are that is Pin 7,8= Drain,Pin 1= +HVDC through a resistor,Pin3=Ground,Pin 4 680pF to Gnd,Pin 6=1.5Ex2 resistor to Gnd,Pin2= VCC,Pin 5= Opto-coupler.

Re: I am facing a problem to servicing a SMPS ,when I connect a new IC ,then the supp

Hi,
If Viper22 is written, then it's Viper22. Fuse blowing indicates that there is some other faulty part on the board that is shorting it out. Check the transformer primary and secondary inductance with an LCR meter and see if they seem reasonable. Check the caps to identify if there is any damaged or leaky cap. Usually it's either the MOSFET or capacitor or transformer,. Since MOSFET is integrated into the Viper22 and you're replacing it with a new one, I think the problem is with capacitor or transformer. First check the input capacitors, ie capacitors on the high voltage side, these are mostly likely to be damaged.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Re: I am facing a problem to servicing a SMPS ,when I connect a new IC ,then the supp

No friend,I have doubt about the stamping,because Viper 22A Pin 5,6,7 & 8 is drain But there are only Pin 7 & 8 is drain. The said SMPS is china made,so it may be screcy of company.I want to know on which primary controller IC's pin connection as follows.
Pin 1 : high volt DC through a resistor
Pin 2 : VCC ( from auxilary winding of Transformer)
Pin 3 : Ground
Pin 4 : pF to Gnd.
Pin 5 : opto-coupler
Pin 6: Resistor to Gnd.
Pin 7,8: Drain

1.1.1 Start-up Phase
As any member of the VIPer family, VIPer22A has an integrated high voltage current source linked to
Drain pin. At the startup converter, it will charge the VDD capacitor until it reaches VIPer startup level
(14.5V), and then the VIPer22A starts switching.
1.1.2 Auxiliary Supply
VIPer22A has a wide operating voltage range from 8V to 42V, respectively minimum and maximum
values for under-voltage and over-voltage protections.
This function is very useful for achieving low stand-by total power consumption. During normal working,
the feedback loop is connected to 5V output by D12 to regulate 5V output. At the mean time, +5Vstb
output is blocked by Q3, so +5Vstb regulation is neglected. When the stand-by signal is present, the Vce
of Q3 can not provide enough voltage to maintain D12 conducted, so the 5V output is blocked, and the
+5Vstb output is connected to the feedback loop. In this condition the +5Vstb is regulated. Thanks to the
transformer structure, all the other secondary outputs and the auxiliary voltages are pulled down to a very
low level, also pulling down the total power consumption.
All these contents can be summarized by the following list:
· in normal full load, the VDD voltage of the device must be lower than the over-voltage protection;
· in short circuit, the VDD voltage must be lower than the shutdown voltage. Actually, this condition leads
to the well known hiccup mode in practice;
· in no load condition, the VDD voltage must be higher than the shutdown voltage.

yes kishore you r rite there is two type of ic with viper22a.And the other ic has its pin 1 and 2 source,pin 3 photocoupler,pin 4 +HVDC and 5678 drain. SO YOU CHECK THE IC BEFORE U PLAVE OR U MAY BLOW THE FUSE AGAIN;-)

i have the same type of smps.. please can any one give exact ic number for that one???on ic viper22a is printed.. but circuit seems to be different (and doesn't make any sense) as on our smps...

- - - Updated - - -

i have the same type of smps.. please can any one give exact ic number for that one???on ic viper22a is printed.. but circuit seems to be different (and doesn't make any sense) as on our smps...

- - - Updated - - -

also st symbol is different that origenal one (actually its not st,, cant read what is the symbol) so definitely its a Chinese make...

Check this and let us know which one is it.

viper22_led_ev_schematic.jpg
Viper22a-e-Off-Line-Constant-Current-Driver-For-High-Intensity-Leds.jpg

I have a problem to servicing of a DTH smps.There is a 8Pin IC (Viper 22A is printing on it),but when I connect a new IC(Viper 22A)fuse is Blown.I am sure it is not Viper.Can any body tell the exact Number the IC.
Connection are that is Pin 7,8= Drain,Pin 1= +HVDC through a resistor,Pin3=Ground,Pin 4 680pF to Gnd,Pin 6=1.5Ex2 resistor to Gnd,Pin2= VCC,Pin 5= Opto-coupler.

Code:
[ATTACH]90343._xfImport[/ATTACH]

CAN ANY BODY TELL ME WHAT THE HELL IS THIS???

THIS IS A CIRCUIT WHICH I HAVE TRACED BACK FROM AN CHINESE SMPS???

THIS CIRCUIT DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE TO ME!!!!!:shock::shock::shock::shock:

VIPER22ADIP is an complete SMPS controller.

Topology should be flyback or forward (I'd go with flyback). The chip integrate everything needed to control an smps, including the power transistor.

If this chip is damaged, try eBay or Alibaba for spares.

Similar chips are developed all across Asia (custom IC makes an electronic device "single use only").

Code:
[ATTACH]90343[/ATTACH]

CAN ANY BODY TELL ME WHAT THE HELL IS THIS???

THIS IS A CIRCUIT WHICH I HAVE TRACED BACK FROM AN CHINESE SMPS???

THIS CIRCUIT DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE TO ME!!!!!:shock::shock::shock::shock:

I know this is an old thread but just happened to have the exact same problem and wanted to share my findings.

I came to this interesting (and quite useful) site: https://www.irantk.ir/Power_IC/ and it seems that the part in question is CR6203 or GW6203 or any other 6203 "clone".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back