Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mosfet for controlling a 12V battery supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunish

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all

there's a system which is working on battery.where the output device is consuming most of the current in the entire system.but it operates quite less time.so what i prefer is to shut down the entire output section when it is not used and put the controller in to sleep mode to save maximum power.i think a mosfet is the best solution because of no leakage and other factors.can anyone suggest a mosfet to do this system?if any body could provide the schematics would be much helpful to me.

thanks

sun

the attached works OK

Attachments

• power.jpg
    power.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

hi horace

thank you for the reply
according to your schematic,the 12V supply will be available at the MCU pin. will it make the pin faulty?
do we need to put some extra component to avoid the same?

regards

ml

I have updated the diagram to show the input and output. MP_ONOFF goes to a PIC24 IO pin which switches the device on/off - it switchs 12volts without problems

hi

thank you once again
i understood the diagram
but my confusing part is that we put a 10K resistor to the 12V and connected the same to the MCU pin
so the 12V is available at the pin.will it not harm the controller?
i am not much expert in hardware.could you please explain the same?
and what could be the leakage when the mosfet is off?

sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back