Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

modelsim installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltlake

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
modelsim license.dat

I can't install modelsim. I've problems with flexlm. If I try to install license.dat by medelsim wizard all is right, but when I try to run modelsim I see an error message during the splash screen.
How to fix?

Thank you.

licensing wizard modelsim

notice if u use already downloaded lisence.dat file on different PC than urs then this lisence.dat file wont work with u, the same problem will happen if u reinstalled windows with different computer name.

u must download the liscense.dat file on the computer u want to run ur modelsim on and then activate the lisence wizard and make it point to the lisence file u downloaded.

good luck

modelsim license hostid

r u sure that u have set the right system path for the model sim license file.
whatz the error thatz poping up?

modelsim licensing wizard

hi saltlake,
be some more informative about the error message that you are getting. and the modelsim version, the first line (name of the server) of the license.dat and your server name.

modelsim unable to checkout a license

This is the error popped up:
"Unable to checkout a license. Make sure your license file environment variable (e.g., LM_LICENSE_FILE) is set correctly and then run 'lmdiag' to diagnose the problem."

I can't find lmdiag file.
The operating system is Windows XP. The computer is isolated so that I can't connect to the internet.
Modelsim version: 6.0a
About license.dat: there in no server name. The file begins with the keyword "FEATURE ..."

ModelSim license wizard gives these results:

License File Location
License File:
C:\flexlm\license.dat

License File Validity
The license file has been validated.

License Environment
The license environment is correctly defined.

License Hostid
Driver/Hostid is correctly configured.

License Test
The license checkout test has completed
successfully

modelsim license.dat file

Hi
Goto start>programs>modelsim>licensing wizard, andadd the license file

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search