Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microstrip Filter design help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpcheah

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone
i am very new to RF design..can anyone post any good book/paper/link about microstrip filter design to me...i need it...thx a lot

Hi

Check out Pozars "Microwave Engineering" or "RF/Microwave filters"(Not completely sure about the title) by Lancaster.

You can find both in the EDA ebook section.

Hi,

I am suggest to look for filter articles in this forum, because I posted at least a few
times!

David

If you have ADS simulation tool, you can use it to design u-strip filter.

hi
this is the title
"Microstrip Filters for RF-Microwave Applications" by Lancaster
this is very useful for the microstrip filter design as tyassin mentioned and also refer
"Microstrip Lines and Slotlines" by K.C.Gupta

hi you can follow these books for good foundation of microstrp read
>"Microstrip slitted lines"

>"Microstrip Filters for RF-Microwave Applications" by Lancaster

those are helpful to get the concept and also design filters

hi kpcheah,

RF design and microwave design doesn't have a huge difference. If you want to do microstrip filter design, a book of lancaster is really a good reference. Also, "mathei" book can be a good but it can be more on advanced level. In lancaster book, you can study chapter no. 5, 6 and onwards. "pozar" book has got some very good examples too in chapter no 8. Pozar book can be starting point for microstrip filter design. If you can learn richards and kuroda identity, I think you can design any damn microstrip filter. Popular filters are stepped impedance filter, combline filter, hairpin filter, interdigital filter and many more depending upon applications.

Thanks

1. Microwave Planar Passive Cirucits and Filters.
2. Microwave Transmission Line Filter

You told that you are new for RF design. In this case the best book will be HF Filter Design & Computer Simulation by Randall Rhea. This is an excellent book for newbie’s and for experienced guys too. Filter design is one of the most complicated areas in RF and MW engineering, but this is very exciting. I like it so much.

I am not quite sure about the rules, but I will try to upload this book here because it is included into many of programs and products of Eagleware as free addition and I think that it is acceptable to include it here. If not moderators will delete it.

If you have serious design question please ask me and I will do my best to help you.

Best regards,
RF-OM

Reactions: yazhs

yazhs

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hello , this is prasad doing M.Tech second year .may i know u r working in which area. iam also working in UWB FILTER DESIGN so can u help me to how to design a filter in uwb region with one good procedure for all the things..plss help mee..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back