Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Method to Calculate True RMS Power, Will it work??

Status
Not open for further replies.
ste2006, stop saying "RMS power"; search the web for that term and you will read about how the audio crowd like to use that term, and the controversy over its use. Real Electrical Engineers don't use the term. ;-) I assume you are on track to become an EE. :) What you are calculating is called "true power" or "real power".

After re-reading your post #14 I realize that you did have it all correct. I though you were using the calculated values for RMS voltage and current to calculate the power, but you weren't. :oops:

So good luck with the project.

No Problem Thanks again though

- - - Updated - - -

ste2006, stop saying "RMS power"; search the web for that term and you will read about how the audio crowd like to use that term, and the controversy over its use. Real Electrical Engineers don't use the term. ;-) I assume you are on track to become an EE. :) What you are calculating is called "true power" or "real power".

Thanks for the correction and it is noted,

No i'm not an electrical engineer at all hence my lack of knowledge in this field, I have done electronics for many years but all low voltage mainly digital stuff and programming,

For a new system i want to work with AC but see now there is a lot more to it than i thought, Plan now is to study AC theory and this will help me down the road as i will actually understand what i am trying to measure,

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back