Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Materials with intuitive explanation on electromagnetics

Status
Not open for further replies.

babun123

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there any material which explains electromagnetic theory intuitively? In most books, lots of equations are written but the intuition portion is missing. This intuition would be very helpful for RF designers. Can anyone please provide any link for such material?

Understanding the physical meaning of the curl and divergence operators in the context of the Maxwell equations would give you the basis for understanding how fields work and how electrical and magnetic energy are interconnected each other, so you could start learning this first.

Following contents may help. I had benefited much from these.
https://www.falstad.com/mathphysics.html
Electrodynamics Part

electromagnetic theory

Electromagnetic waves means the electromagnetic spectrum.

The terms electromagnets and electromagnetism resemble each other. I suppose you're aware they're two different things nevertheless.

Thus electromagnetism is not electricity nor magnetism. All three of these might inter-relate. I confess for most of my life I've been easily convinced as primers tell me that:

a) light waves are photons (and only light waves are photons),

b) a radio transmitter radiates a magnetic flux to my radio (but doesn't transmit photons).

Yet both are supposed to be electromagnetism? Finally I decided that's not a suitable explanation.
Therefore light and radio (and the entire electromagnetic spectrum) ought to be explained as being photons. Otherwise it's difficult to get an intuitive grasp of the subject. And I suspect that clarifying details need to be picked up from various sources, rather than any particular textbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back