Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Manipulating PCB image

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosparra

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have completed the layout of a pcb in Kicad. I make my owm pcb's using the photo resist method, so I normally print the pcb image on a transparency for use in a UV box.

This time round, I want to print a couple of images of the pcb on the same transparency. This will allow me to etch a couple of boards in one go. Does anyone know how to achieve this in Kicad? I can print the image to a file, in ps format, but none of my image manipulation apps seem able to handle ps format files.

Kicad ..hmm..no idea..
Still convert the files to gerber format then open it using any gerber viewer (viewvers like gc prevue are free).then print it to PDF or image writter.

Thanks NIKHILRAJ. I followed your advise, download GC-Prevue and kicked it around for about 10 minutes. Looks like a handy tool. However, seems like you need the $495-00 GC-PreviewPlus in order top manipulate the image :cry:

yep... only viewer is free (you can view, take print outs and all).But if you need to edit gerber means need to use your credit card!!..
along with Orcad layout plus one gerber editor is there.. i have used it ..but not much experienced..
one thing.. in GC preveu you have to import the gerber files.. "open" operation may not work unless GWK file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back