Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MAchXo2 -- Intel or Motorola memory bus implelentation questions -- Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

userx2

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I am just getting into the Lattice Dimanod with MachXo2 stuff. I am also learning Verilog at the same time.
So far, I have managed to make counters and other interesting stuff.

Now, for a real project, I need to load a heap of data into the pld via some sort of bus. I could use the SPI bus peripheral but just to get started, I would like to use a simple parallel memory interface with datalines, address lines and read /write strobes.

I think know how to implelement that but my question is how do I get this asynchrounously incoming data from the external host synchronised with my internal PLD clock so I don't get glitches when the internal circuitry needs that data?

It is probably a real simple standard method but I have unfortunately become a bit rusty on that sort of stuff.

Best regards
X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back