Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED flickering problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

adizues

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have installed a LED light at my office. It is connected to Inverter, and there is an HP laser printer connected to Inverter.
When the printer is in running mode, there is a flickering in in LED light..
Ours supply from inverter is 225 V / 50Hz,
The Led light have a constant current driver.
Please tell me to solve the problem.

what if the printer is needs more power than your inverter can supply , if you have an oscilloscope connect it to the wall socket to see whats the problem .

but the only thing i can think about is using big capacitors. or use DC powered LEDs

When the printer is running the one wave in oscilloscope is coming down to 180V...
please help

i think now after what you have said that the problem might be with the Batteries of the UPS , check the voltage across them when the printer is running , because clearly your printer needs more power than what your system is providing . some times when batteries are weak , the voltage drops quickly when huge current is drawn .causing drop in the AC output of the UPS .

you might need to change your batteries if they proved to be weak , otherwise the inverter power rating should be checked and compared to the actual load power of the printer + the lights in the Home/office .

my advise , buy a smaller printer for emergency use on this inverter and when mains power is available turn on the big printer you already have .

hope this helps you , man good luck :)

Probobly Your circuit driving current is not suffient.It may have a chance to flicking the LED's

Status
Not open for further replies.