Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JDM Programmer Advance Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Fragrance,
Can you kindly explain me the use of J3 connector.
Thanking you
Regards ani

@picgak,

J3 needs the jumper placing according to the size (number of pins) of the PIC inserted into the socket (best to set the jumper before inserting the PIC). If you look at the schematic diagram in the 'JDM ADVANCE.pdf' in Fragrance's file, you can see that J3 routes the VPP to either pin 1, or pins 5 and 16 on the socket. So, set the jumper so that the inserted PIC has VPP in the correct place.

This is needed because the hardware is designed to accommodate all the sizes, but does not have the ability to recognise the PIC itself and route the VPP automatically. That allows the design to be much simpler.

In case you have not yet figured out the picpgm software, I don't use it but a quick look tells me this:

It works with a standard JDM and can automatically detect that.

If automatic detection fails, set the connection manually as 'JDM Programmer' in the 'programmer selection/configuration' menu.
Then, just confirm that the pin (these are serial port pin numbers) in the Pin Configuration list matches what is shown on page 3 of Fragrance's 'Software and hardware configuration.pdf'. On my quick test it matched. If you need the names-to-pin-numbers for the serial port, look here: https://pinouts.ru/SerialPorts/Serial9_pinout.shtml

Hi FoxyRick,
Thank you for your quick and detailed replay.
regards ani

Having problems with newly assembled JDM Programmer. The board will not pass the Hardware test "->hardware is not responding"
!. When power is provide to the board both outside LED lights are lit (don't know if this is a problem)
2. When setting up WinPic800, the part where you select (uncheck) "Blockade Configuration", all of the light lit up except the Clock RTS. By checking the "Test" box it will lit up, but still will not pass the Hardware test.
3.Drivers are installed and it is set on the proper comm port.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem is ??

Thank you in advance, driftboat...

@driftboat

JDM programmer dont have any drivers! What drivers you install?

Check RS232 port speed and configuration, check circuit, check PCB.

The driver are the ones provided with WinPic800....
RS232 is 9600,8,n.1.xon/xoff..

I have checked the circuit and checked the board...
Are 2 Outer LED, are they supposed to be on when power is applied ??
Any hints on the lack of the "Clock RTS" not being lit in the WinPic800 Program ??

Thanks, driftboat

Hi driftboat ,
Did you change the settings according to those mentioned in the Software and hardware configuration document

Yes, all setting are as stated in the "software .....".

The "Clock RTS" LED is not lit (the other 3 are lit) when the board is NOT attached, just like when it is attached, looks like I may have a Serial port problem. I have tested the port (Data in and Data out, pins 2&3) with Hyperterminal, and they are good. I'm now looking for additional serial port testing procedures on the net.

Test RS232 with some RS232 device.

Probably there is some mistake on PCB or in parts orientation.

Post sharp photos of both PCB sides.

Serial port BAD !!! New card ordered, will see what happen after I get the card.
Thanks, driftboat

with the look of things your jdm programmer is ok,the two led lighting is not a fault as one of them will go off after the hardware test is passed.
check your connection cable to the pc to assertain whats gone wrong.

Hi

To all loving friends here is small gift from fragrance couple of month hard working with lot of testing on hardware, Aim to share this to provide a classic JDM hardware that will never fail although this hardware came from a French web page. I redesign the whole new PCB adding universal ZIF socket, provide ability to program PIC from 8 pin to 40 pin on ZIF socket, This hardware will also work fine on laptop I personally tested on my (INSPIRON 4100 DELL) so this will stop era like JDM hardware not working or fail to program chip, all necessary required file and a well documented guide how to setup software and hardware to get every thing work I right way uploaded here in attach archive.

80_1327551995.jpg

4_1327642906.jpg

Regards
Fragrance

HI all
I'm facing problem with WinPic800 as shown in figar

Attachments

• WinPic800.doc
    292 KB · Views: 119

What uC you try to program ?

You can add picture direct in post without need to use software for text processing. Just use small icon called "Inster Image" from tool palette.

Well it looks like I have a bad PCI slot (New PCI / Serial card) is not working. There is only 1 slot available for an add on card. Looks like I'm at a stopping point until I get another computer with a working serial port.

Thanks everyone for your help.... driftboat

check out the following some chip are not supported by winpic-800 with JDM hardware this can be easily verified if you see you selected chip grayed then it can not be programmed with winpic-800 or you have enable the code protect or OSC calibration value vanished during program, i have recommended another programmer called winpic not winpic-800 or try with IC-prog

https://www.qsl.net/dl4yhf/winpicpr.html

Fragrance

Status
Not open for further replies.