Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is there is any tool convert state diagram to systemverilog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

THUNDERRr

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to convert state diagram to hdl?

state disgram in vhdl

THUNDERRr said:

I don't know about Systemverilog, but for VHDL and Verilog, there are plenty of State-diagram (graphic) editors. All of them let you enter/edit diagrams on the screen, then write-out a VHDL/Verilog RTL description.

(The Verilog version will compile in any Systemverilog compiler, as long as don't use Systemverilog keywords in your state-diagram's signal/port names.)

<edit>

Opps, I forgot to say WHERE to find those editors, haha.
Xilinx Webpack comes with a state-diagram editor.
I'm pretty sure Altera Quartus II Web-edition comes with one, too.

If you don't want to download such big packages, then get the Aldec Student Edition Active-HDL 7.2.

Aldec Active-HDL 7.2 comes with a nice "VHDL -> state-diagram" converter utility. It converts Verilog/VHDL coded state-diagrams (i.e. written out as RTL), back into a graphical state-diagram. (Sadly, it doesn't work for Systemverilog -- I tried.)

All of these tools are free downloads from www.xilinx.com, www.altera.com, www.aldec.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back