Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to plot scattering parameters (S11, S12, etc) from a plane wave excitation in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianmgull

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a model for a FSS in HFSS that I've run using a Floquet Port excitation. I'm interested in viewing the reflected and transmitted power so when running the simulation in this configuration I've generated plots of S11 and S12.
I'd like to run the simulation using a plane-wave excitation. After completing the simulation, there is no longer an option to plot the scattering parameters.
Is there a way to generate these plots when using a plane wave excitation?

Welcome, ianmgull.

The plots should be available once the simulation finishes. Ensure you are saving the fields under the frequency sweep options. If this still doesn't work for you, please post the steps you are taking to create the plots.

Please try to do the following
1. Define your plots in advance before running the simulation as sometimes HFSS updated the data after each run and it is pretty straightforward step.
2. Try to see which setup is being used when plotting as when you try to plot on the top left there is drop down menu where you can choose which setup you want to use like sweep, lastAdaptive etc. Try to make sure that correct option is selected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back