Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

THe posivtive S parameters in QUCS!

noori.re

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,
does anyone know why my S-parameters in Qucs are positive?
Thanks.

1709656097790.png

GRT series are not RF Ceramic Capacitors. If you inspect the characteristics of this Automotive Grade Cermaic capacitors, you will see that the Reactance = 0 @4MHz.
So, you have to change this family with an appropriate one.
None of the above families are not appropriate capacitors for RF Frequencies.
( I don't know your project but s-parameters are not valid beyond their limits )

Reactions: noori.re

noori.re

I didn't know that this serie is not used in HF applications.
Actually the port in left side is regulator output and the port in right side is the LDO input.
I wanted to see the difference of two structure above.
There is no high frequency signals there.
Would you recommend to I do a transient simulation using spice models instead of frequency sweep?
(Actually I did a transient simulation and it is completely reasonable.)

Actually the port in left side is regulator output and the port in right side is the LDO input.
I wanted to see the difference of two structure above.
There is no high frequency signals there.
Would you recommend to I do a transient simulation using spice models instead of frequency sweep?
(Actually I did a transient simulation and it is completely reasonable.)
If this system has simply filtering purpose there is no need to use 50 Ohm RF s-parameters simulation. An AC analysis will be sufficient because you don't know the Impedances. s-parameters are valid only and only in case of the characteristic impedance is known. Your circuit is just a filter.
Replace s-parameter defined components with SPICE equivalents, the analysis will be more consistent.

Last edited:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back