Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dielectric waveguide - wave port excitation

tosbadam

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have been working on designing a dielectric waveguide. I incorporated an airbox with radiation boundary defined to enclose the entire geometry. However, when I tried defining the waveport on one of the faces of the airbox, HFSS treated the airbox face as another waveguide. The resulting modes are guided by the larger box but not the dielectric waveguide. I tried to make the airbox larger to reduce the effect of the airbox but it did not help. How can I assign the waveport correctly such that the resulting modes are guided by the dielectric waveguide only?
--- Updated ---

Here is excitation port definition that is on the boundary of air box

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
You need to have some sort of boundary on the side walls here, I've found that a radiation boundary often confuses HFSS. As such, I think the best way to handle this is to make the transverse dimensions of the airbox larger than the wave port. Ensure that the longitudinal faces of the airbox are assigned as radiation boundaries as well, overlapping with the wave port.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back