Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] IP core (Verilog or VHDL code) in Xilinx and Vivado are open source or encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stackprogramer

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
IP core (Verilog or VHDL code) in Xilinx and Vivado is open source or encrypted?
I had a question how much I can determine whether the IP core is encrypted or Verilog code is open to editing?
I attached an IP core that is built in the synthesis can you guide me that this IP core source is open?
I was faced with some strange lines. Is this IP core source encrytped?
Code:
`protect begin_protected
`protect version = 1
`protect encrypt_agent = "XILINX"
`protect encrypt_agent_info = "Xilinx Encryption Tool 2019.1"
`protect key_keyowner = "Cadence Design Systems.", key_keyname = "cds_rsa_key", key_method = "rsa"
`protect encoding = (enctype = "BASE64", line_length = 76, bytes = 64)
`protect key_block
eD8hpFSXjd1TN/qwD6KGU+z2509uzOtDyaItcj8UJV6/9IqXwmzXm49sQewLHmPx+zfD6FQpyw+p
h0cjnBe4og==

`protect key_keyowner = "Synopsys", key_keyname = "SNPS-VCS-RSA-2", key_method = "rsa"
`protect encoding = (enctype = "BASE64", line_length = 76, bytes = 128)
`protect key_block
L3SB3aFsPoBeCHEa+GJTxCywCdtSUeC6UY906VBmK5CfzTgqgVyM79kYm6BdXD2tikY3hMRbv08+
R63jVwCpRcJdeLJIbr58+pkInrN5jPNeOMVT4fdRP6mG/A+kbgolgF+LCX4UlGa6A14h5xUJIQ+I
BOJCodJ7zf2U3UPN5i4=

`protect key_keyowner = "Aldec", key_keyname = "ALDEC15_001", key_method = "rsa"
`protect encoding = (enctype = "BASE64", line_length = 76, bytes = 256)
`protect key_block
IDpiTi+KiM/mIyaieWhkLwbuAoWvynL5XwxHTZc9uzTfzudCoilyQ4oKu2/PRnV4HtTBM1PW4epl
rd9LP+loq5H8NbcXKhoN4VzhEypgVleSbFixkcTkk7Osf7hVTnIQPy+t0WVEWaONYL5atSlOleSA
iLuTn53tMAhqoF+UIInXe7RC0RJ3+CAVLKs9w091HN93vVUPCig/wIe/MmVL56SzFtGO/87XTi/+
qJFEM7WvagMWeW2rwVCOs/gjJhh8s+7tB2d3KXQb0D4ZLH7wYYzzwMxpSMKY/l9qmmdLA/pN12/C
iPZ8yl6wlb49sIPVnHi7OqJQ2eGqj1d8h/GCTA==

Attachments

• axi_fft.zip
    24.5 MB · Views: 189

As you were told it is all encrypted though some files are given extension like vhd or v.
It is obvious they are not vhd or verilog (I blame xilinx for such silly naming)

Please download attached file the source ip core is verilog and vhdl....
Did you even bother to look at any of the VHDL files in the IP directories? If you had spent 30 seconds opening the files one at a time you would have seen all the design files are encrypted.

BTW, it took longer to download and unzip the archive than it took to look through all the HDL files to see if they were all encrypted (other than a testbench and some wrapper files).
--- Updated ---

As you were told it is all encrypted though some files are given extension like vhd or v.
It is obvious they are not vhd or verilog (I blame xilinx for such silly naming)
They are VHDL or verilog...they are encrypted, if you have the decryption key and the decryption algorithm you can convert them to clear text. That is what the vendor tools do (simulators, synthesis, etc).

Did you even bother to look at any of the VHDL files in the IP directories? If you had spent 30 seconds opening the files one at a time you would have seen all the design files are encrypted.

BTW, it took longer to download and unzip the archive than it took to look through all the HDL files to see if they were all encrypted (other than a testbench and some wrapper files).
--- Updated ---

They are VHDL or verilog...they are encrypted, if you have the decryption key and the decryption algorithm you can convert them to clear text. That is what the vendor tools do (simulators, synthesis, etc).
@ads-ee @kaz1 @barry yes, I am a newbie for FPGA, and for the assurance, I asked. thanks very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back