Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interrupt and 8051 in micro c language

Status
Not open for further replies.

lina889

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
i want to know how to make an interrupt on PIC 8051 this interrupt will come from a sensor want to how to??? or which pic can we make an interrupt on it i read a lot about it but this is m y first time with pic 8051 at last year i used pic 16f877 and we use INTCON reg. for the interrupt

Are you working with '8051' or 'PIC', because both are separate devices and have their specific architecture and instruction set.

there are countless people who know how to do it on PIC or 8051 but not a single one of them knows how to do it on "PIC 8051".

the simplest and quickest way to learn is to read the datasheet and the compiler manual and then take a look at some sample code. those devices are incredibly simple that one should be able to do quickly.

As to how to utilize a particular device, you will have to take a look at that device's datasheet and figure out how you can best interface with it.

Actually PIC & 8051 devices both are different devices. Interrupts are generated in different methods in two of them. The register INTCON which you have specified is used for generating interrupts in PIC. Each bit in the INTCON register has a major role in interrupt generation in PIC. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.