Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Indelible marker for pcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogu Reginald

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
After an experiment I carried out I found out that indelible marker or permanent pen is etch resistance. If you are doing a pcb manually with ordinary copper clad board why not try using indelible marker and give me a feedback.

I want to know is how to do it

Pentel permanent markers work well to cover large areas. For more detailed work I find 'laundry' pens work very well as they are designed for writing, have fine tips and are of course waterproof.

You can remove the ink after etching with 'Ultrasolve' (ULS) or similar solvents.

Brian.

Concerning how to remove the ink after etching, a weak solution of sodium hydroxide is used.

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

Just use the ink to trace the desired tracks and etch the board.

Sodium Hydroxide will remove photo-resist paint but I'm not sure it will remove oil based ink. A solvent like alcohol, gasoline or carbon tetrachloride would be better.

Brian.

I have used Sodium Hydroxide many a times and it works well. Why not try it, I will post shortly the whole process involved in the production of PCB.

- - - Updated - - -

In the Chapter three of my report on my Student Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES). Take a look of the attachment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back