Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MATLAB Calculation and Equation Simplification for Circuit Analysis

mtnkh

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

The equation regarding a circuit is shown in the attached picture. I have the parameters Ci, Cc(t), Vd, and Ri. I want to calculate a(t) in MATLAB, and I have two questions:
How can I calculate it in MATLAB? I tried writing some code, but it failed.
Is there any way to simplify this equation? I mean, is there any estimation or technique that can be used? I have no knowledge regarding the approximation of equations. If there is any tutorial or hint available, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

qu.jpg

What a mess!

MATLAB can do symbolic differentiation and integration if you have the symbolic math toolbox.

Are you looking for a general/symbolic solution, or do you have actual data? You could also use numerical methods.

What a mess!

MATLAB can do symbolic differentiation and integration if you have the symbolic math toolbox.

Are you looking for a general/symbolic solution, or do you have actual data? You could also use numerical methods.
Yes, I have the Symbolic Math Toolbox. I also have actual data. Ci and Ri, Vd are constants, while Cc(t) is a time-varying signal. In other words, it is not a known function; it represents a time-varying capacitor that randomly varies over time but I have this signal in MATLAB. Due to this time-varying capacitor, I am currently facing confusion regarding the calculation of a(t) in MATLAB.

It would be helpful to know the context, in other words the related circuit.

To solve the equation, actual Cc(t) function must be known. Also parameter u is unknown.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back