Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

implantation of a wave system in a drill

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricboy

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm looking for a way to communicate from the removable handgrip of a drill to its base.

At first, I wanted to use the RFID technology but I figured that the distance from the grip to the base is about 60 centimeters and the RFID can communicated at a short distance.

Then are there some ways (radio, bluetooth...) to communicated that far but with a tag or a sensor tiny enough to fit in a handgrip?

Sure. Plenty of product do so with a wireless link. How much "communicating" do you want to do, and what maximum distance.

A drill will have a lot of electrical noise, so you must be careful to keep that noise off of the wireless receiver, or you will get mondo bit errors.

I want to signal when somebody have one hand on the grip and the maximum distance is about 60 centimeters.
Then my first idea would be to put an inductive sensor and connect it to a tag which would be communicated with the base.
Yes you're right i have to measure noise but first I want to find the device(s) which can do that and of course which fit in terms of size!

Thank for your answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.