Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Impedance Matching in Patch array 60 Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dear FVM

Yes i'am tested the suggestion of Eraste and no way but this matching i think is good.
(50ohm-70.7ohm-50ohm-70.7ohm-50ohm)
how can i increase the value of S11, is it by modifing the width and length of Patches ?
What parameters I need to modify to improve the Gain and the value of S11.
And Thanks for advance

Hi mirou,

Good news.
I had a look to your array-patches.
In fact your geometry had several mistakes.
I have send you on your email adresse an explanation of the correction.
The result is :
A good gain : about 12 dBi that's the maximum for this four patch array.
A frequency resonnance of : 52 GHz. here you have just to resize the patch element.

Regards.

FvM, you mentioned complex input impedance of a patch. It is interesting. Do classical inset fed patches have any complex part in impedance? If so, each individual patch could be matched using stub on feeding line?

By adjusting length and characteristic impedance of the matching line, you can generally match arbitrary complex load impedances. The matching can be best visualized in a Smith chart.

I am more interested in complex part of a patch impedance. Most sources provide only real impedance for patch antennas, although in some research papers i have seen open stub matching for each patch in an array, although I am unsure about purpose. Do patch antennas have complex impedance?

Do patch antennas have complex impedance?
They are usually designed to expose a real impedance. My point in post #19 is, even if the patch shows a complex impedance due to design faults, it can still be matched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back