Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IE3D Question: Horizontal Localized Ports (Ie3dlibrary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thered

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

On Mgrid, I think that a horizontal port can be implemented as long as a rectangle is used and both opposite sides are connected to the two arms of a dipole antenna, for example, as a feed for such antenna.

But on IE3dLibrary, I couldn't figure out how to do this. When I right click and click on insert port, I don't see the localized port option. I know that this is possible since I saw an example file with this kind of port. I just don't know how to implement it other than looking at that file again, copying and pasting that port and modifying its size.

Thank you in advance for your help!

On IE3DLibrary, it is the Loalized Port. It is adaptive. You connect it to 2-terminals of some objects. It will create a V-localized port or H-localized port depending upon the relative locations of the two terminals.

thered

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back