Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC Chip Pin number Verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irfansw07

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have my IC Chip being place in some kind of chip holder in PCB board .
At back of PCB board for chip holder I want to verify that same pin number is shown at back at same position as it is being depicted at the front of PCB Board.

I want to know how to check it with multimeter being use ?

Thanks in advance

Can u please elaborate it little further like wat should be the result for that
verification to be correct ?

Switch your meter to OHMS. Place a probe on either side of the PCB. You should read 0 Ohms if the pins are connected. A reading higher than 1 or 2 ohms will indicate another component is between the two points.

that is not exactly the continuity mode.

Rotate the knob and set it to continuity mode. Look at the attached snapshot to identify which is that position in the multimeter.
After this, to verify you are at the right point, just short the multimeter probes with each other.You should now hear a beep sound.That means the multimeter is set to check continuity and is working fine.
Now get to your work. hold one probe on the pin on one side of your board and the other probe to the same pin on the other side. Now you should hear the same beep sound if you are checking for the same pin.

attachment.php

Attachments

• digital%20multimeter%20DT830D.jpg
    digital%20multimeter%20DT830D.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

Thanks a lot for the reply to all and it did work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor