Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to start my own business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alsopp

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
People, tell me. I want to start my own business, but I don't know where to begin. Many people sad to me to buy a cnc laser machine, because I know how work it. They say that you can create a large volume of products and sell or make metal engraving to order having your own cnc machine. What do you say? Actually, I would try to explore IT sphere, but I need to study it from scratch.

[moderator action: removed link to commercial site]

Last edited by a moderator:

Starting a business is cheap and easy enough (modulated
by state and local governments of course). I think everyone
should have one "single member LLC" as this is the easiest
"door to ownership" and confers many tax advantages.

Figuring out what to sell, who to sell if to and for how much
are all separate from the task of creating the business entity.

Baby steps.

Creating a business is the easy part. Figuring out what it can do to make a profit is the hard part. Making it happen is what you lose sleep over.
In the US, the SBA is a resource for expert help.
IMHO, making a "large volume of produces" is a recipe or disaster. You need to find something that there is a demand for and start by making that better, cheaper, shorter lead time. Once that is sustaining you, then you can branch out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back