Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] i need programmer suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not use the pickit 2 or 3 programmer from Microchip.

What IDE and compiler are you using? If your using MPLAB IDE with C30, HiTech or CCS compiler, I recommend finding a used genuine Microchip ICD2. Many selling for around $50 -$60 range.

**broken link removed**

Attached are the User Guide and other docs.

Or if you're up to it you can build your own clone:

ICD2 - Clone

Hope this info helps.

Moderator Message: Don't upload documents onto the board that are readily available on the internet - link to them instead. It wastes valuable storage and bandwidth.

I tend to use a Microchip ICD3 as it is very fast loading
a cheaper alternative is the Pickit 3

I have several ICD2s and ICD3s. I have found the ICD2 to be as tough as nails, while the ICD3 has had known problems with early revs. As a matter of fact, Microchip replaced one of mine. Besides they tend to be somewhat pricey for hobbyist, even on the used market. However, if you have the funds, I agree with horace1; the ICD3 is faster and will be supported in future MPLAB revs, longer than the ICD2.

Status
Not open for further replies.