Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need help building converter (cmos to cml issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

avt

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cmos to cml

Hi,

I need help - I have a (differential) cml buffer which drives the output driver stage of a lvds TX driver. Now I would like to have a stage before the ml buffer which converts the data-signal which has cmos-logic-level and is single-ended to the differential potential that is needed by the cml buffer.

I figured out that it's not only the task to generate an inverted signal - but I have to have also a "limited" voltage swing at the gates/inputs of the diffpair of the cml buffer because otherwise I will have latency due to capacitor loading/undloading when the input devices go from linear region into saturation or from subthreshold to saturation - as high or very low input voltages will drive the diffpair into subthrashold or into the linear region of course ...

so for my 3.3V design I will need something that is more or less an inverter (chain) which has limited out voltage swing - let's say 1V to 2.3V and has the ability to have anyway furtheron very fast ristimes ...

If someone hasinformation how to build such a converter in a clever way - let me know - I would realy appreciate it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back