Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I am in need of an inverter with specified requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
inverter

I am in need of an inverter, that may have to be homebrewed. It has to handle 20K watts output, with 20 volts, 150 amps dc input. Is this something that is out of reach?

inverter

your requirments are not matching with 20V 150A you can get only 3000VA not 20K Watts

Re: inverter

As I am not up on what is right, I only know what I need to get the job done. I have 15K feeding now, and was told to find 5k more. I figured thzt 20K should do it. What kind of input do I need for that? I am feeding with a miller 225 amp 24 volt bobcat dc welder.

inverter

you still feeding 5400 VA you can get 3.78 KW power on 0.7 PF
there is no way you can get 20 or 15K

Re: inverter

I guess I explained things wrong. Currently I am using the AC output with a 15K stepup transformer, with a 15K max output with 110V input. The load factor I am trying to reach is to operate a 5 hp compressor on the central air conditioning, and it is to much for the system I currently have. I wish I knew more about what is neccessary. I live in Fla and many times I am out of power. The power source is a 8kw welder. Maybe I am barking at the moon trying to improve on what I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back