Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hwo to calulate the reference input voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjx197733

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I read the book DESIGN OF ANALOG CMOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT writed by Razavi, in chapter 13, I have a problem: in figure 13.11, Razavi said that the reference input voltage of figure13.11(b) is greater than figure13.11(a), but I think their reference input voltage is equal.

Who can help me ?

It does not say that reference input voltage is higher. It says that input referred noise voltage is higher in 11b.
As in 11a current source drain is common to both differential inputs so noise will be same for both input transistors. So effectively no noise for the differential circuit.

But in figure 11b both differential input transistors will see different noise voltages as these 2 current sources will be different and uncorrelated so noise will be In^2 +In^2 and this multiplied with sq of resisotr.

So input referred noise voltgae is more on 11b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back