Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How will i distribute the two different power in 2 AC bulbs? please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahuls2304

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi this is Rahul s

I am currently doing my B.E. project. My guide told me to control the power of 2 different watt bulbs automatically. Considering 1 bulb is of 100 W and other is of 60 W.I need to set the fix power level for both bulbs like total 80 W.I need to set 80 W first then i need to distribute 50 W to 100 W bulb and 30 W to 60 W bulb. I know individual power control of each bulb.But i dont know how to set 80 W first and then distribute desire powers./

Kindly reply.
I am clueless actually.

Thanking you

Hi this is Rahul s

I am currently doing my B.E. project. My guide told me to control the power of 2 different watt bulbs automatically. Considering 1 bulb is of 100 W and other is of 60 W.I need to set the fix power level for both bulbs like total 80 W.I need to set 80 W first then i need to distribute 50 W to 100 W bulb and 30 W to 60 W bulb. I know individual power control of each bulb.But i dont know how to set 80 W first and then distribute desire powers./

Kindly reply.
I am clueless actually.

Thanking you

Bulbs are easily controlled by TRIAC-s (firing angle), so it is not such a difficult task, especially if you use some microcontroller for firing angle control.

- Deni

Actually my guide told me that there is a different appliances are there in place of 2 different bulbs what i mention above? My guides question is What will you do in this case? When 2 different appliances need to be controlled.
And i am sending the link which controls AC power.https://www.bristolwatch.com/arduino/arduino_power_control.htm
Is the link is useful?

This does not make too much sense - what is the AC load you want to control? If not bulb is it a motor? A heater? AC motors can be frequency-controlled, heaters can be TRIAC-controlled (as in the schematic you posted). For two loads, make two such circuits and control both with the same microcontroller. I don't understand your problem completely...

- Deni

This does not make too much sense - what is the AC load you want to control? If not bulb is it a motor? A heater? AC motors can be frequency-controlled, heaters can be TRIAC-controlled (as in the schematic you posted). For two loads, make two such circuits and control both with the same microcontroller. I don't understand your problem completely...

- Deni

I really happy with your ans but he told me that If i want to set the two bulbs power to the fixed amount that i already mention above , then how will i set the fixed amount of power and distribute two the two bulbs..This is one major query in my head.Is the two appliances control individually or together they control by distributing the two power to two bulbs.Please reply.

Use two triacs, one for each bulb, then control the two currents with PWM. The current PWM control will give you control of the two powers

Use two triacs, one for each bulb, then control the two currents with PWM. The current PWM control will give you control of the two powers

Thank you very much.But my question is can i able to set the fixed amount of power to the two bulbs that is i am using 100W and 60W bulb,Then only then i need to transfer total power of 80 W to both bulbs,either with the 50W,30W or 45 W to 35W.My question is can i able to set the fixed power of 80 W, then the power distributed to two bulbs with above types.Kindly reply.Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back