Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How useful is Hierarchy Design ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

serendip

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Do you have experience any Hierarchy Design..?

Is It Useful?

Re: Hierarchy Design..

Hierarchy design simplifies debugging and simulation, and enables different levels of abstraction of designs to be simulated together, and have too many other advantages,

YES, It's very usefull,

I hope that answers ur question,
Ahmad,

Suppose you want multiple PCBs for a single project. Then we can assign hierarchy for each PCB. Its advantage is we can split large PCB into smaller one. And another case is in a particular project have power supply, and we don’t want that power supply unit into your PCB .Then we can design a single PCB for that power supply by assign hierarchy for power supply.

With regards
Ajish Babu S

I agree with all the comments before and add one more advantage. Is easier to produce modules (schematic and pcb) and reuse them later (or in other project).

In Allegro-Concept HDL, for instance, is possible to create a part of you hierarchy and route it. As you put you symbol in board and netlist the design you can get it in the pcb fully routed.

If you have more than one time this module used in your project, just place it n times, as you want (i.e. Serial pors for example). It's quite easier.

Good luck.

Renato

thank you for all comment...

Simply, You can say, "Load..Block or PCB Design data."
But, In Case of Team Project, Is it more complicate?
Net name, Reference, many properties.....Is it okey?
If some hierarchy design(maked order person) is loaded for reuse, Is it useful?
I wonder if I use the hierarchy design data of orther person...

I can't speak english very well. plz understand me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back