Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to start with PCB design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Farouk

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm circuit designer and know well about PCB design concepts but the actual PCB routing was done by others. Now I want to create PCB my self (no fabrication just layout till get the Gerber file). many tolls are there OrCad, PADS, Protel ...etc. I need your advice what is the suitable one to start with put into consideration that I need to make simulation for EMC, crosstalk ..etc.

hi,
*choose any tool above you mention (i prefer Cadence allegro) and then generate BOM from your Schematic
*create Footprint for all component and then enter the footprint for all the symbols
*generate netlist from the schematic file
*do the placement

and what about EMC and crosstalk simulation

hi

EMC is same as EMI interference. for eliminate EMI & cross talk you want to add filter in the track itself & mask it properly.

Have a look at these links.I use an EMC and crosstalk adviser with the software I use, for these sort of systems you are talking big money a quite long learning curve both for the software and PCB design.
I've been at it 27+ years and still learning....

Attachments

• PCB related links.txt
    5 KB · Views: 103

PROTEUS and EAGLE is very easy to use.. in PROTEUS you can also simulate your design..but doing PCB design is complicated one (for me)..but I bet you EAGLE is very easy to use..

None of the simulation tools are easy or quick to use, there is another learning curve on top of learning the PCB package. Better of reading and learning the wealth of information out there on EMC and PCB design, start with this gentleman and his books.
http://www.hottconsultants.com/http...atibility-Engineering-Henry-Ott/dp/0470189304
EMC simulators are either reasonably basic and act as an advisor or very complexand do 3D field solving etc, expect to pay MORE than the basic CAD package for such a system, the ones that may come free or bundled with a package will be nothing more than a pretty add on.
Example Comsol manual for electromagnetics, (Comsol is a powerful package for simulation).
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back