Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to solder BGA parts (for FPGA) to a PCB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacklalo020

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
BGA part soldering

Hi all,
I'm very new to PCB design and i wonder if there is any tutorial that descrube how to solder BGA parts (for FPGA) to the PCB. I seached aroud the web and i find some documents, but i wonder if some body have a more explicit document.

Re: BGA part soldering

Hello jacklalo020
Printed Circuits Handbook is uploaded in the MCU Fileman......u can download it from there......the link is given below

**broken link removed**

regards
wilson

I use a company that does my bga stuffufing . They have a machine that uses XRAYs to see the aligment of the part with the board and .. They need to feed a minimun of 5 sets to the machine .I assume that because of the impossibility of seing the if pads are touching or well align .. it can't be done by hand !

Is the x-ray way the only way?
I read somwhere about a tool to inspect them from side in optical way. But maybe this is a more artisan way, for small productions.
Bye!

Hi,

have a look here **broken link removed**
Seems funny on the first look but in principle it's the same like the professional tools e.g. **broken link removed**
Another crazy idea I read about is using a toaster :D but I did not find a description yet

BGA part soldering

EDA E-books Upload/Download have a lot of good books for PCB designer, you can download from there!!! FYR!

eltonjohn said:
I use a company that does my bga stuffufing . They have a machine that uses XRAYs to see the aligment of the part with the board
- Could you give me an idea about the price for soldering and checking a typical BGA device?
- Do they use two different machine for soldering and testing connectivities?
- Doese anyone know how much such a machine cost? (is that resonable for a small business to buy those equipment?)

Hi ..
I used this compnay 5 years ago.They bought a machine as i recall that cost them $100,000 i more or less recall that the machine was used. But that was that long ago i assume that with today's slow economy there must a lot of those machines going for way less money !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back