Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to send mail through GSM(SIM300) in 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks
i am not getting datasheets for SIM300 V_7.03, please if anybody hv the data sheet please give me fast

---------- Post added at 05:24 ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 ----------

SIM300C does not talk about email support, only voice, data, sms, and fax in lower form factor. can you once check with its vendor.

my wavecom modem has internal support for that.

i hope this version will supports GPRS because this module is accepting GPRS commands

Software version specifications are not available on net. you need to contact the vendor. Accepting GPRS commands does not mean that e-mail facility is incorporated. it supports only the basic functionality if the GPRS.

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

even on cell phone until you enable (mobile office (e.g. from airtel)) your modem does not support email facility. so there should be some server from where these software can access your mail. and MAILS means only text, no pictures. these commercial modems do not support pictures and videos.

i bropught an GSM module SIM300 V7.03 unfotunately there are no technical datasheet, i searched in net almost every link i found inside went dead.so i would be glad if some one could send datasheet and list of AT command available

Software version specifications are not available on net. you need to contact the vendor. Accepting GPRS commands does not mean that e-mail facility is incorporated. it supports only the basic functionality if the GPRS.

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

even on cell phone until you enable (mobile office (e.g. from airtel)) your modem does not support email facility. so there should be some server from where these software can access your mail. and MAILS means only text, no pictures. these commercial modems do not support pictures and videos.

it mean that SIM300_V7.03 modem will not support GPRS for sending email?

These modem are mainly for industrial purpose, not for students or engineer r&D purpose. in industrial purpose they hardly use it for email. as these are not the modems used in cell phone. because wavecom modems dominate in cell phone upto 95%.
These are simple , Low cost modems

These modem are mainly for industrial purpose, not for students or engineer r&D purpose. in industrial purpose they hardly use it for email. as these are not the modems used in cell phone. because wavecom modems dominate in cell phone upto 95%.
These are simple , Low cost modems

i brought the modem from NSK electronics, they are mentioned that this modem supports GPRS
please check this here and tel me whether it ll support or not?

Ya i know NSK from many years. But SIMCOM does not support email in the commercial modems in market. i just got clarification from a reliable source.

THANKS but our vendor is saying that it will supports GPRS and you can send emails also.....

please tel me the procedure how to send rhe mail to a particular person?

for example if i want to send mail to abgd@gmail person from 1234@gmail, what is the procedure?
please tel me fast

https://www.communica.se/multitech/gprs_ip.pdf

---------- Post added at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Some GPRS modules, e.g. from Telit have dedicated TCP sendmail commands. SIM300 hasn't, thus sendmail protocol (SMTP) has to be implemented in software. You should consult the respective RFC 0821 to understand the basic protocol. The complexity of required actions depends also on the authentification scheme used by the addressed SMTP server. Generally, the connection isn't made to gmail.com rather than an SMTP server that is granting access to you.

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 ----------

-> AT+CIPSEND<CR>
<- >
-> HELO relay.example.com<CR><CTRL-Z>
<- SEND OK
<- 250 Hello relay.example.com

-> AT+CIPSEND<CR>
<- >
-> MAIL FROM:<bob@example.com><CR><CTRL-Z>
<- SEND OK
<- 250 Ok

-> AT+CIPSEND<CR>
<- >
-> RCPT TO:<alice@example.com><CR><CTRL-Z>
<- SEND OK
<- 250 Ok

-> AT+CIPSEND<CR>
<- >
-> RCPT TO:<theboss@example.com><CR><CTRL-Z>
<- SEND OK
<- 250 Ok

-> AT+CIPSEND<CR>
<- >
-> DATA
<- SEND OK
<- 354

-> AT+CIPSEND<CR>
<- >
-> From: "John Smith" <bob@example.com><CR>
-> To: Jane Doe <alice@example.com><CR>
-> Cc: TheBoss@example.com<CR>
-> Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 16:02:43 -0500<CR>
-> Subject: Test message<CR>
-> <CR>
-> Hello Alice.<CR>
-> This is a test message with 5 header fields and 4 lines in the message body.<CR>
-> Your friend<CR>
-> Bob<CR>
-> .<CR><CTRL-Z>
<- SEND OK
<- 250 Ok

-> AT+CIPSEND<CR>
<- >
-> QUIT<CR><CTRL-Z>
<- SEND OK

or
AT+CIPSEND[enter]
>helo example.com[ctrl+z]
send ok

AT+CIPSEND[enter]
>mail from:<xxxxxxxxxx>[ctrl+z]
send ok

AT+CIPSEND[enter]
>rcpt to:<xxxxxxxxxx.x xxx(at)xxx.xxx> [ctrl+z]
send ok
Similarly to the other end

AT+CIPSEND[enter]
>quit[ctrl+z]
send ok

with respect to above post
I have a question, how i can connect any smtp server without Username or Password. i could not understand. if it is without username of password then anybody can use someone smtp server.

Not opening or not useful..............

i have that pdf but unable to upload as it is blocked from our server

please try to copy that pdf and paste here

in google many dead links for this Qn...
please tel me how you have loged in to your main using wave com's GPRS
is there any AT command for that??
or by using protocol?

wavecom by itesef supports these features. and they have their own API's for that too.
Commands for wavecom and SIMCOm are not compatible. These are modem specific.

Moderators will raise issue if i copy pdf files. i only have to give link or upload it as file. any how pm me your email id i will mail it to you evening

hi friends
if anyone knows how to send e-mail through GSM modem using its GPRS, please let me know...................
i have studied the SMTP protocol to send the mail, but wondering in sign-in in to the e-mail....................

SIR,

I have modem SIM900D. I want to send data to any server or any mobile phone or as email.
But i am getting error everytime during few commands at+cdnsorip=1
please help me out.

will u please tell me where is the mail password did u edit

Status
Not open for further replies.