Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to remove this problem (Bubba oscillator - Proteus error)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iiest2021

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to generate a sine wave by using Bubba oscillator. But when I do the simulation then showing this error in Proteus.

Please help me !!
Screenshot (140).png

pls help me .
proteus_1..png

Hi,

Additionally
* no feedback of U2
* positive feedback of U4, U5
* wrong power supply polarity of U3, U1A, B2
* U1A at all
* some part values
* no power supply decoupling capacitors
make no sense.

Klaus

Single supply Wein Bridge oscillator -

Regards, Dana.

Looks like you are reproducing the problem you produced in PSpice before. Using a LM348 component without simulation model.
please, can you say what do you mean" using LM348 component without simulation model."

Hi,

Additionally
* no feedback of U2
* positive feedback of U4, U5
* wrong power supply polarity of U3, U1A, B2
* U1A at all
* some part values
* no power supply decoupling capacitors
make no sense.

Klaus

beasically I am design of bubba oscillator for sine wave generation .
i am design same circuit in protius .
I am not unterstanding what is the problem ?
and file is attached

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Sine.rar
    67.6 KB · Views: 122

please, can you say what do you mean" using LM348 component without simulation model."
Just read the warning thoroughly and follow the suggestion: Use a symbol from the PSpice simulation library. Orcad schematic entry is used for simulation and PCB design. Most libraries are for PCB design only, they have associated footprints but no SPICE model. The other option is to download the missing model from the internet and attach it to the symbol.

If there's no LM348 simulation component shipped with PSpice, you might use uA741 instead, it's essentially the same OP as single type.

The bubba oscillator circuit as shown in post #6 has overall negative DC feedback, stable bias and can work well. It doesn't need improvement like the suggested AC coupling.

Right, one feedback connection is missing. Apparently I was supplementing it in my mind.

The topology is correct nevertheless.
--- Updated ---

In contrast to the various errors in post #1 that you listed in post #3. It turns out that the same errors are also in the PSpice version of the same circuit, caused by a rather sloppy way of drawing the simulation schematic. https://www.edaboard.com/threads/help-with-pspice-error.404596/
Correcting these errors is necessary to make the circuit work but doesn't remove the problem reported in post #1 which is solely caused by using OP symbols without attached simulation model.

Last edited:

What about the lack of connection to the input at lower right ... ?

1667268829959.png

surely this is an error - should be a unity gain buffer ?

Last edited:

Ot:
Analyzing where the error in schematic of post#13 comes from.

The according OPAMP has a DC gain of 1+Rf/Rg = 1 + 1500k/360k = 5.17.
So maybe the first idea was that it amplifies the 0.5V x 5.17 = 2.58V
But this idea was wrong, because it ignores that the loop across the other OPAMPs causes a DC feedback of 1.
Indeed the overall DC gain becomes close to 1, thus making the bias voltage close to 0.5V (instead of 2.5V)

Klaus

Easy peasy, the 0.5V is wrong and should be 2.5V (half the supply voltage) for the output to have filtered but symmetrical clipping.
The output of the 4th RC filter would have the lowest distortion but they selected the output from the 2nd filter probably for its higher output level.
I wonder why they selected an output from the fairly high impedance RC filter instead the very low impedance from the output of the opamp filter buffer?

Notice that the filter resistors haver higher resistance than before (then the filter capacitors have equally less capacitance than before) so that the 360k gain-setting resistor does not load-down the 4th filter as much.

Does anybody have this circuit simulated so that we can see how much clipping distortion exists at each filter stage?

I failed to turn the page of the application note where distortion was shown. Cosine was 0.1% when the Cmos quad opamp was used. The antique LM348 quad opamps have an input resistance too low for the 1.5M or 2.2M feedback resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.