Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to read 25LC040 Eeprom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to read the eeprom you read the data-sheet first.

So you are trying to read the eeprom using a pickit 2?

I have no idea about pick it 2 but maybe you can use pony prog

Well, first of all Pickit2 Readme doesn't say that it supports 25LC040, just 25LC040a so you shouldn't expect it to read the memory properly, although it might work.

Anyway, have you done the circuit for R/W the memory as shown on that file?, I mean:

Connections for 25LC devices
---------------------------------------
PICkit 2 Pin 25LC Device Pin (DIP)
(1) VPP 1 nCS
(2) Vdd 8 Vcc
(3) GND 4 Vss
(4) PGD 2 SO
(5) PGC 6 SCK
(6) AUX 5 SI
7 nHOLD - disabled (Vdd)
3 nWP - disabled (Vdd)
If it hasn't been the case, this circuit is not too time consuming to build so you could give it a try and see if it can read the memory.

If this doesn't work maybe you'd have to use a microcontroller that supports SPI communication and connect it to the memory and make a code for reading and writting via SPI from/to the memory, although this would be the hardest way to be able to read it, I guess there have to be memory programmers that are able to read and write that memory properly, but I just know Pickit 2 so I cannot help you with that.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back