Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to learn Analog Circuit Design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on the level you are.
If you are at the begining stage, maybe you can find interesting a book like
"Starting Electronics" by Keith Brindley.
If you are a bit advanced, a very good book is "Microelectronic Circuits"
by Sedra/Smith.

Regards.

i think u should first begin with circuit analysis, and the best book is: Engineering Circuit Analysis, by Hayt, and Kemmerly

Firstly, browse three books: authored by Allen, Gray, and Razzavi.

read the book by allen and hollberg.this will help you a lot

I think Razavi's book ignores many details in analog deisgn basis. I suggest you to check P. Allen and Holberg's book first.

Read one of the above mentioned book and have some practice, such as exercises in the book or design some circuits, which will help you understand what you have learned.

when you have more experiences, please analyze some circuits in JSSC.

I think that Gray & Mayer's book (analysis and design of analog integrated circuit)
is best.
My teacher is Mr.Sharif Bakhtiar (He is Mr.Razavi's teacher (design of analog coms integrated circuits))
He teaches us electronics whit Gray's book.I think that it's best.
goodluck

triquent said:
Hey guys,
How to begin to learn the analog circuit design, not the analog IC design?
Which book is good? How to learn to build up circuits?

I've seen that nobody mentioned anything about simulators. On top of one or all the books mentioned here, it will help to verify your ideas, to get a simulator and, if you make a discrete circuit(not analog IC) some testing/measurement equipment

Try simulator orcad-multisim

Any comments on Spice-Opus? Its freeware. **broken link removed**

hi
nice to c ur Q
if u r a beginner , u could give a good start for urself by reading the book by Boylestad and Nashelsky ( electronic devices and circuits ) . it will give u a first hand knowledge on discrete circuit design (ie on bread board).Its a fantastic book on basic elecs for beginners . he would ve also given example circuits that uses the advantages of the device described in that chapter. like this u can get a feel of the design quickly .

once u have given a reading on this book u can go for advanced ones like "Microelectronic Circuits" by sedra/smith , Johns / Martin(for analog IC design)
for opamp u can go for David Bell "operational amplifiers"

this is how i ve followed and i have had a good experience .
but this should b complemented by constant work with the bread board.
try implementing hobby ckts

bimbla said:
I think you should start with semiconductor theory. Know how and why a diode is built, then transistors, then other semiconductor devices.

I agree with him. We started our lesson about semiconductors such as the resistor, diodes and capacitors. You need also to know the circuit analysis. After that, learn the characteristics of the transistor. I recommend the Electronic Devices and Circuit Theory by Boylestad and if you want to design, try the books of Malvino and Bogart.

design of analog coms integrated circuits ,by razavi

coms analog circuit design,by Philip.E.Allen

analysis and design of analog integrated circuits,by Gray&Meyer

this is a very good topic for beginners .. but sorry i want also if anyone knows how to start with tools ... i.e. simulators and another programs that are related to electronics .. thank you very much ..

PONDERBOY said:
I recommand you to read gray's book:<analysis and design of analog integrated circuits>

Which one is better,3th or 4th edition(gray's book)?

Whether is the 3th edition better in discussing Bipolar Circuit?

Definitively the last one (I talk about Gray&Meyer).
One new topic is covered and the old topic are more complet !

I think the book design analog circuit based on OPA is useful

try to learn any one of the op-amp
the list is already listed by collegue

better understanding will help a lot to make analog circuit on software like orcad, multisim etc...

applications are not to be counted here they are a lot
so try to understand once and see diff op-amps for diff applications

you can read Razavi or Gray or Allen book in this field.

Status
Not open for further replies.