Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to know the wavelenght of antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickmax

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Wavelenght - antenna

Hi

I am very confused with antenna design because Im not 100 percent sure about the wavelength and how to design the antenna properly.

Let say, I am interested to build an antenna using a can. I have to drill a hole with a precision measurement from the bottom of the can to somewhere up to 20mm then insert the wire using the N-connector throught the hole and I have to make sure that the length of wire must be accurate otherwise.....

How i know the length of antenna, let say, omnidirectional antenna is the correct.

I don't really understand these stuff. So can anyone help me?

Maverickmax

Re: Wavelenght - antenna

are you talking about a sleeve antenna design

I don't know what Sleeve antenna is but no. I just would like to know how to design any antenna therefore I need to a tutorial or information for me to follow instruction step by step in order to get 'practical experience' in calculating and designing antenna

Maverickmax

the simplest antenna of dipole is about half wavelength

Ok, what is half-wavelenght, quarter- wavelength etc?

Hi Maverickmax

just look at
**broken link removed**

PL

Maverickmax said:
Ok, what is half-wavelenght, quarter- wavelength etc?

What do u mean ?? You do know what a wavelenght is don't u ?? ( c/f in air, in another media you have to add the square root of the dielectric of the medium in the denominator. c is the speed of light and f the operating frequency). Then the other answers itself.

Best Regards
Bruno

Hi Maverickmax,

maybe this website will help you understand the basics of an antenna.

http://www.gigaant.com/?id=246&show=418

Then maybe you can use two strips of wires of the correct length to obtain a simple dipole antenna. Do a search on google for construction of dipole and monopole antennas.

Hope this helps.

Element7k

Maverickmax said:
Hi

I am very confused with antenna design because Im not 100 percent sure about the wavelength and how to design the antenna properly.

Let say, I am interested to build an antenna using a can. I have to drill a hole with a precision measurement from the bottom of the can to somewhere up to 20mm then insert the wire using the N-connector throught the hole and I have to make sure that the length of wire must be accurate otherwise.....

How i know the length of antenna, let say, omnidirectional antenna is the correct.

I don't really understand these stuff. So can anyone help me?

Maverickmax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back