Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get PIR sensor HC-SR501 working

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxpwny

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I bought a few of the hc-sr501 sensors off Ebay and am trying to use them. I have tried varying the potentiometers and the jumper and nothing changes - the output stays high.

I am applying +5v to the 3 pin connector correctly according many schematics I have seen.

Can someone suggest how I might get something to work ?
I am monitoring the output with voltmeter, logic probe, scope. Stays high.

This is a bit difficult as I have never seen any documentation (seller of course does not have any). I saw somewhere that one pot controls distance. All the way right or all the way left would seem to be an extreme, but which is which ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh .... for completeness - there is no circuit - JUST the sensor.

I have the output stays high.

Hi...

The output will be high as long as you stay in front of the module. The module detects the infrared from your body, hence the output remains high. Keep yourself away from the module after setting the circuit..

cheers..:-D:-D

LOL.

Sorry - I guess I should not have assumed people would trust that I knew that.

Trust that I had the device orientated in a direction where I was not, where there was no motion, where there was no animal or person.

I definitely did not stay in front of the module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back